Monday, May 14, 2018


Alright everyone! Tell all your moms happy late mothers day for me. I hope they all enjoyed there special day. Moms just are the best! I don't know what i would do without my mom. 

I'm sorry i haven't been writing much i just have been getting pretty busy! So for some updates. Tomorrow we have changes and i will be moving areas after 6 months here in La Cañada.  I will be receiving a new companion and his name is Elder Perman. He is from sandy Utah. Don't know to much about him but its going to be a good time. I will tell you a little more information about the area and stuff next week.

Also i wanted to share a quick story that i read in the Book of Mormon. This story is found in Helaman 9 and it really just explains perfectly what a lot of people especially here in Central america believe about prophets. 

This is the brief story. Nephi the son of Helaman is preaching to the people about god and he is try to help them repent of there sins. He was a prophet but there where lots of people that didn't believe it. There was a group of people that wanted him to prove that he was a prophet. Nephi says go look at the chief judge because he is he has been murdered. These men didn't believe it and said ¨if that's true then we believe that you are a prophet of god.¨ The men go off and find the chief judge dead. What happened after that? The people still didn't believe he was a prophet. They also thought that Nephi had sent someone to kill the chief judge so he could look like he could see the future. When the accused him, Nephi just calmly told him go and confront his brother he is the one who has committed this crime. When they did they found out that it was true and after that is when people started to believe that he was a prophet of God. 

There are lots of people here in Central America that don't believe in prophets. This story just basically explains the time that we are seeing now. I have seen that at first people are very nervous about the idea of prophets. When people start reading the scriptures they find out why it is so important that we have a prophet. They with time start reading the talks of our beloved prophets and start to see that these men are really called of god to help us know what to do in these times. 

I'm so very thankful that we have prophets to guide us. I love helping the Honduras people  and families come to know that there are men that called of god  to lead our families. I know that my family has been very blessed because of the advice that we have followed.from the prophets. I know the Russell m Nelson is the prophet during this time. I feel so blessed and i cherish his words because i know that his words are what god needs us to know in this moment.

That's it for this week! I have to say goodbye to all these great people today in the La cañada. Its going to be rough. Wish me luck! Love you all.   





No comments:

Post a Comment