Monday, February 5, 2018

I am going to start off with a little scripture.  Actually, not a scripture, a quote from President Russell M. Nelson.  It is actually in Spanish but I am going to try to translate it in English for you guys.  It just says, "The Lord has more in mind for you guys than you have for yourself.  You guys have been reserved and kept in order for this time and place."   I just really, really like that phrase he said right there.  You know that he has more in mind for us than we do of ourselves.  I sometime wonder what i want to do and I start thinking of big plans I have and it is so nice to know that our Father in Heaven has even bigger ones for me.  I just have to keep doing his will and keep doing what he wants me to do so that this plan that He has for me can be put into action because I know that God is looking  out for me, ya know.  He's going to put the people in my way that I need to talk to and He's going to help me be able to be a successful person in everything.  I think that is really cool and it can apply to everybody.  God has a plan for every one of us and we might have big plans but God even has bigger plans for us.  We just need to have faith and do His will and all of  the other things will fall into place.  That's my spiritual thought for the week.  Hope you guys like it.

This week has been pretty cool.  We have worked really hard.  We actually got a cool reference.  His name is Hope.  We actually contacted him yesterday and he's like, "yeah, I will go to church!" And he went.  So that was really cool!  We will see the next visit!  We are going to get a date with him so he can get baptized so that should be good as well.  

Today was really cool.  We had testimony meeting today.  It was really cool.  We all shared our testimonies.  Actually, one of converts, Lindsey, got up and shared her testimony.  She was a little nervous at first.  I was encouraging her.  She finally went and after you could tell that her heart was so happy and that was good to see.  She says things really simply like, "I know the Book of Mormon is true.  I know that this is true church,  I am so glad that God has helped me be able to know this gospel.  I know that He loves me."  Just little things like that but you could just see that it came from her heart.  That was just a really cool experience and when she got back she just thanked me for everything and that was a really cool moment for me because she literally told me "man i just didn't think a gringo was going to baptize me.  I always had in mind that a Latino was going to baptize me."  And I was like, "Oh? Really?"    She's like, "Yeah, but when you got here I just felt the love that you have for me and I can just feel that you just never gave up on me."  Because she's actually been receiving the missionaries for quite some time now and she said they would come for a little bit and then leave.  They wouldn't come back.  She just felt that I didn't give up on her.  She just thanked me so much for that and I was like, "no, thank you!"  I know that God has put me in this area to be able to help her out so that was just really cool so I am just really glad that I have been able to know Lindsey.  

We actually had a meeting with the Stake President today.  We talked about how we could help the missionaries and their wards do better so that we can have more success as a church organization here.  We talked about some really interesting things and are hoping that we are going to be able to inspire the zones so they can start working with members more because we feel like that's a thing that the missionaries can do better.  So that we can help the members stay active and help converts keep going to church.  

I did get my package.  Thank you for the jerky and the Hersheys!  We just had Christmas here as our packages just got here!  We are eating lots of little treats right now.  We are good for the next week or two on goodies.

Tomorrow we are going to the Picacho.  That's the Jesus statue that has his hands open to all the city.  Elder Michael and I aren't super excited to go but that is what the zone wants to do so we are happy to go to help them out so they can feel happy and ready to work this next coming week.  That's about it.  I hope you guys are good.  Love you guys! Have a good week! 

OK - well - I just replayed my message and learned that my English has gotten pretty bad but I guess that is what happens when you don't speak English very a long time.  But me and my companion, we actually speak English but we say some pretty funny things in English.  The other day my companion actually said "and for the such".  And I said, "and for the such, what kind of English is that?"!  It is kind of funny.  It is common words that we say in Spanish.  We say it in the Spanish way but in English words.   It doesn't really have sense but we understand each other so it is kind of fun.  I remember my first video call with Justin he said he was going to pay someone to teach me English when I get home.  I think it might be a good idea.  I think you guys can get the point.  At least you will understand what i wanted to say.  Just wanted to say that.  Love ya!






No comments:

Post a Comment