Monday, March 13, 2017

I will never complain about food that you guys make. The kids here would die to have the food that you Americans eat. Just this week a family was just eating corn tortillas because they didn't have anything else to eat. My companion and I ended up helping them out a little with beans. The kid started crying because he wanted more food but they have to live with limits so this kid was only eating tortillas and couldn't eat more because his limit was up. There are kids here that are hungry and beans and eggs are like meat is to us just because that's what they have grown up eating and that's what's the bomb diggity.  I'm still eating eggs and beans and tortillas but I'm loving it. Food is food now for me and I can promise you I will eat everything that is dished to me in the states including shepherds pie - no problem. I would love to have shepherds pie right now honestly. We take for granted simple things like food and I wish everyone could see that we have it so easy compared to people in a 3rd world country.

Also we saw this guy here that had a gash on his head because people bashed his head with a gun.  He needed stitches and we could see his skull. I didn't know what to do just because he needed to go the hospital and I didn't want to just leave him there suffering but I called to see if we could help and they told us to leave him. I was sick to my stomach and had a tear come to my eye just because we couldn't help and if we did help the people that hurt him might do something to us. It was so hard to leave him there when he needed medical attention. But he doesn't have money or anything.

But its awesome and I love it! I have the best mission ever! Don't worry the people have so much respect here for us nothing will happen to us just because they know who we are with white shirts and name tags. Just crazy because there are people here that just suffer like crazy and we just want to help everyone but there thing that are out of our control and i just wish i had control to help them with food and other things. 


Have a good week! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment