Monday, August 1, 2016


Yeah the first week was really slow. But now the time is flying by. Spanish is still giving me a hard time but i am definitely learning slowly. I'm starting to understand what people are saying so that has been good. When i talk to the latinos i have to tell them to speak slower cause they talk so fast. Right now i have to think really hard about every word i say in spanish. But its crazy to see the improvements i have made so far. I dont know if my visa is taken care of yet. Nobody has said anything yet so im guessing not. The temple was built in 1986 and it is so pretty. Its so nice because its small enough that you never get lost and there is just something special about the Guatemala temple that i love. I'm hoping there is a temple i can go to in Honduras but will see. haven't given a talk yet thank heavens. It will probably happened though. The patience building is going good. I wish i would of brought ear plugs because the district and my companion are singers and they never stop. And when they sing there are literally singing as loud as they can. I've learned just go hang out in other peoples room. So i talked to this native that lives in Honduras and he told me that its very dangerous. But he said the gangs love the missionaries. He said they warn missionaries when and where the shooting fights happened so they can stay out of the area. He told me of a story that this missionary got robbed and the gangs found out about it and found who it was and they actually killed the guy and returned all the missionary stuff back. He also told me that when members give you food to eat all of it because they are so poor that when they give you food its a big deal. If you don't eat it its way disrespectful. Yes i love the pictures keep sending them. Also will you find my patriarchal blessing and type it too me? Tomorrow we are going to hand out book of mormons to the natives so im super excited and nervous for that. This Wednesday we will be the old kids in the MTC. The kids that where here are leaving on there missions this Tuesday. We will be getting new kids so I'm excited for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment